Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Buffalo, N.Y.

Arrived in Buffalo last night at 2am. My train pulled into Depew two hours late, who knows why. Luckily the bottle of wine I bought didn't suck too bad, and I had some tasty snacks with me :-)

Ran around town doing errands all day. Spent some time with Elisa's dog Sadie. Got to go to Wegman's, the most amazing grocery store of them all. It's a little funny being in Buffalo again in the winter. When Gordon and I come for Christmas we stay in Springville which is a totally different story. It's the country side, lots of snow, horses. Here in Williamsville I'm reminded of college but it doesn't feel like it was ever home. I'm not having a bad time at all, actually I'm really enjoying the company and the food is great. Just noticing the lack of nostalgia for a place I spent a lot of time in.

Today was Elisa's wonderful mother's birthday so we had a lovely dinner. Then we packed up the car. All ready to go! The plan is to leave for Chicago tomorrow morning at 7 and brave this Midwestern snow storm. Let the adventure begin!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment